The veterans are well aware of this tip but there’s still a lot of new people going to festivals for the first time, especially Electric Daisy Carnival. Insomniac will have multiple water stations located throughout the festival where volunteers will fill up anything that you have with free and clean water. There’s rarely more than a couple of people waiting so you’ll be able to just walk up and get filled up.
A camelbak is the best thing to bring since it’ll give you easy access to your water, a bag to carry other belongings in and no heavy bottle stuffed into a small pocket on your pants. Once you’re inside they will fill up any bottle or cup that you have with water but without having to spend any money inside just bring your own camelbak or aluminum bottle.
In previous years they have listed that any backpacks or camelbaks can’t have more than three pockets but in 2014 things are worded a little less differently. From the EDC 2014 General Info page:
- CamelBaks or similar hydration packs (empty upon entry)
- Small bags, single-compartment backpacks, and purses (maximum 12”×12″)
When you approach security make sure to have all of the pockets unzipped, emptied and even pull the bladdar halfway out to show them that it’s empty. The easier it is for security the quicker you’ll get through the line.
You can buy a camelbak at just about any sporting goods or camping store. Places like Walmart and Target often carry them as well. When you go to buy one put it on and jump around a bit in the store. People may look at you weird but you’ll want to make sure it feels comfortable when you’re bouncing around at the festival.
In previous years only Insomniac aluminum bottles were allowed but things have changed for this as well and they now have listed:
- Reusable aluminum water bottles (must be empty upon entry)
Apparently any aluminum bottle will work! The Insomniac bottles are a great souvenir but feel free to bring along anything that you have.
That’s right, FREE water! There’s no need to spend $5 or more for a bottle of water unless you really want to.
Need more information? Have questions? Here’s some additional links:
- Join our Facebook group EDC Vegas Forever.
- Win a FREE 2014 EDC Las Vegas ticket.
- Check out all of the previous ProTips here.
- Check out the list of 2014 EDC Week events.
- View our EDC Las Vegas main page for frequently asked questions.
- Follow us on Twitter @TheScene_isDead and interact with our Facebook page atFacebook.com/TheSceneisDeaddotcom.