When we started protips in 2013 the first one was chap stick and anyone who’s an EDC veteran, lives in Las Vegas or visits often can tell you that chap stick is one of the most essential items you’ll need. Don’t just travel with one stick either, bring many.
The first time I went to Las Vegas and people told me to bring chap stick I didn’t really understand it, that’s only something we need in the Northeast in the middle of winter. After your first day in Las Vegas you’ll quickly realize that it’s a necessity with the dry desert heat. You’ll be licking your lips and you probably won’t drink as much water as really needed and experience a mild form of dehydration which will result in chapped lips.
One thing to keep in mind is that you can’t bring an open tube of chap stick through the security gates of Electric Daisy Carnival so you’ll want to keep an unopened one for each night of the festival, or rent a locker to keep it in at the end of each night. Can you get through with one already opened? Plenty of people have but don’t count on it and have to rely on borrowing some from a friend or buying it at the store in the festival.
Need more information? Have questions? Here’s some additional links:
- Join our Facebook group EDC Vegas Forever.
- Win a FREE 2014 EDC Las Vegas ticket.
- Check out all of the previous ProTips here.
- Check out the list of 2014 EDC Week events.
- View our EDC Las Vegas main page for frequently asked questions.
- Follow us on Twitter @TheScene_isDead and interact with our Facebook page atFacebook.com/TheSceneisDeaddotcom.