We are finally down to the nitty gritty details and getting prepared for Las Vegas! It’s too late to start working out. Probably too late to increase the balance of your bank account so let’s talk about ten things you should have ready by this Friday. The weekend will fly by and then the last two or three days of work for most people will go by even faster so get yourself prepared now. The next six tips will be crucial to being prepared to get to Las Vegas stress free!
(in no particular order)
1. Locate your ticket and shuttle pass (if they were delivered) and put them in a very safe and secure place! The best place to put them would be on, in or near your suit case so you don’t forget them. As you board the plane or get in a car to get to Las Vegas put these two items in your pocket and not with your luggage. It’d suck if your bag got lost by an airline or something happened to your car and you still made it to Vegas but nothing else did.
2. Go and buy some chap stick and gum and keep a separate package of each for each day of the festival. The air is dry and you will lose more water than you think and chap your lips. I thought people were crazy prior to my first Las Vegas adventure and I’m happy I listened. See ProTip #82: DON’T FORGET CHAP STICK and #70 THREE SEALED PACKS OF GUM. For those with a locker rental just bring it all on the first night and keep it in your locker for nights two and three.
3. Print out the following items or write them all out in a small notebook: Hotel confirmation, flight information, your friends flight information, will call ticket receipts and also make photocopies of important documents. See ProTip #66 MAKE PHOTOCOPIES OF LICENSE, PASSPORT AND CREDIT CARDS and also #50 PRINT OUT YOUR FLIGHT AND HOTEL INFO
4. Call your bank and credit card companies! See ProTip #71 TELL YOUR BANK AND CREDIT CARD COMPANIES. It’s a simple phone call to tell them the dates that you are traveling so that their computer systems will not throw up red flags and suspend your accounts leaving you potentially stuck with no money.
5. Go through your clothes and figure out if there’s anything you need. You’ll be happier having this planned out by the weekend to get it done before the real rush and insanity of the week of.
6. Free up some memory on your phone and laptop if you’re bringing it. A lot of people have the memory in their phones filled up and it’ll be frustrating if you get to Las Vegas and run out of space to take pictures and videos after the first day. Check out your laptops hard drive space as well because if you’re bringing a digital camera of some sort you’ll fill it up quicker than you think after a day or two.
7. Look up some Las Vegas tourist spots you want to visit and see what time the shows are. There are some things that only run at night or different times during the week compared to the weekends. Having a rough idea of what you’d like to do outside of the dance music events will keep you from forgetting something and then regretting not doing it. See #58 BE A TOURIST, CHECK OUT SOME FREE VEGAS ATTRACTIONS.
8. Fill up your camelbak and make sure that it doesn’t leak. If you already own an Insomniac water bottle fill it up and shake it up and make sure it doesn’t leak either. You don’t want to arrive in Vegas with damaged goods but if they are you’ll have time to replace these necessities. See #73 BUY AN INSOMNIAC WATER BOTTLE OR CAMELBAK.
9. Arrange for someone to feed your pets. Don’t let the poor little critters starve while you’re away! If you don’t have any pets move on to the last one…
10. BUY CLUB and POOL PARTY TICKETS! These tickets are not going to get any cheaper and may sell out if they haven’t already. Check out the full 2013 EDC Week calendar and put that credit card to work.
About the ProTips: I’ve been counting down the days until Electric Daisy Carnival with a tip a day until the day of the festival. There’ll be more to come after this one and you can view ALL of them here.