It’s finally the weekend and we’re down to ProTip #7 and it’s time to really get ready for Las Vegas. There’s a good chance you’ve started getting things ready but have you made a packing list? If not, here’s a list to help get you started. There’s a lot on here and you’ll be able to get rid of a lot of it but it’s a good start. The list could be missing a number of things you find are necessary but these things will allow you to survive.
Some of these things will be obvious but those can be the things we all often miss! Make sure to check out Protip #54 Read the guidelines to know what’s prohibited.
- Advil to kill that headache.
- Comfortable footwear.
Plan your outfits for each day you’ll be there and depending on how much you’ll be doing you may need more than you think.
- Day time clothes like shorts and a t-shirt to walk around in.
- Night clothes if you’ll be going to any nightclub events. Las Vegas can be very strict with the dress code especially for guys so make sure you’re packing some black shoes. Do not expect to get in wearing running shoes you’d normally wear to your club back home to dance to.
- It will not get cold at night unless you consider a drop from 105 degree’s to the mid 70’s cold in that case a thin sweatshirt.
- Pool clothes. Bathing suit, t-shirt and sandals.
- Festival outfits for each night.
- Girls you may want to pack a very thin shirt to cover yourself up with when walking through casino’s.
- Don’t forget extra socks if your feet tend to sweat a lot. Sometimes a change of socks goes a long way towards comfortable feet, just make sure you have enough for every day and extra’s or you’ll be going to the store to buy some.
- Phone charger. Can’t hurt to bring a spare phone too if you have one laying around just in case yours breaks or disappears.
- If you’re bringing a laptop don’t forget the charger too.
- Batteries for any camera’s you are bringing.
- Extra batteries for any light up toys you’re packing.
- Wireless router if you wanted to make a WiFi signal (ProTip #65).
- External speakers if you have room to pack them.
- A watch to know the time, always checking your phone uses more battery power (ProTip #30).
- Shampoo and soap. The hotel should have some but you may want to bring some if you’ll have a large group.
- Contact lenses, contact solution, extra’s, pair of glasses.
- Nail/toe clippers. Don’t let clippings fly all over the room, cover your drinks!
- Sunscreen (ProTip #8).
- Razor and shaving cream. Clean yourself up but don’t make any EDC babies.
- Anti chaffing glide. You know if you need it so pack it.
- YOUR TICKET!
- Shuttle pass on your wrist.
- Camelbak or Insomniac water bottle.
- Earplugs (Protip #56).
- Sealed packs of gum. If you have a locker bring three sealed packs and leave them in the locker for the entire weekend. Make sure you have some in your room as well (Protip #70).
- Sealed chap stick. Same as the gum, bring a three pack for the weekend if you have a locker (Protip #82).
- Apply sunscreen for the line if you’re going early (Protip #62).
- Meal replacement, granola and protein bars (Protip #57).
- Wet wipes.
- Call your bank and credit card companies (ProTip #71).
- Make photocopies of your license, debit card, credit card and any other important documents (ProTip #66).
- Tell mom and dad you’re going (ProTip #69).
Are there other things that I’m leaving out? Likely but these things will get you through your adventure. If you forget anything there are stores all over the Las Vegas strip.
And after reading all of that do not forget Protip #63 Pack light!
The most important thing to bring with you to Las Vegas is a SMILE! DO NOT LEAVE IT AT HOME!
About the ProTips: I’ve been counting down the days until Electric Daisy Carnival with a tip a day until the day of the festival. There’ll be more to come after this one and you can view ALL of them here.